February 5, 2013

Te Adoro

This morning we had to go to the bank. I dislike going to the bank because I always get nervous trying to speak Spanish in front of David and the bank people. Today I said, "Trescientos" and the bank guy said, "Siete?" And then I repeated myself and the bank guy replied in English, "Three hundred?" I'm okay making mistakes in front of David, but there's something about David being fluent in Spanish that makes me feel nervous and stupid in the bank. I know it's all in my head...I really need to stop being afraid of the bank. After we left the bank, I was very happy because I love walking around Santander. Here are a few photos from my phone today...
We bought cute sugar cookies.
I'm excited to celebrate Carnival this weekend. 
A t-shirt in Zara (I go there at least twice a week). Let's all do the creepy dance.
I took a picture of the bartender's pretty french braids.
Black tights, The End. 

4 comments:

  1. When I lived in Peru I would always get nervous to speak- especially numbers!! Just be brave, because the more you practice the better you will get...even if you sound a little silly along the way. I want those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the bank today and did much better and spoke in a sentence! That's really cool that you lived in Peru.

      Delete
  2. I am sure your spanish is great. no need to be scared. and if I had a Zara nearby, I would probably go every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Spanish isn't great, but I did do much better at the bank today. I love Zara so much.

    ReplyDelete

“You look ridiculous if you dance You look ridiculous if you don't dance So you might as well dance.” ― Gertrude Stein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...